We are hiring: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Kenya Society of anaesthesiologists (KSA) is looking to recruit an Office administrator who will manage the operations of the Kenya Society of Anaesthesiologists office. The position is based at our Nairobi, Kenya office with approximately 20% travel.
- Management of day to day secretariat duties and coordinating activities with other anaesthesia bodies (local, regional and global)
- Handling society related communication
- Managing membership database: annual subscriptions, updating membership register
- Act as secretary for the executive and scientific committee’s meetings
- Calendar management and coordinating society activities
- Line management of assistant administrator, interns and temporary staff
- Organizing and coordinating both internal and external events-Continuous Medical Education, annual conference, quarterly symposiums and workshops.
- Management of social media platforms
- Providing administration support to partner societies
- Communicating society activities to members on relevant platforms
- Track project contracts and donor-reporting requirements, and support in ensuring timely and quality project reporting and meeting projects requirements.
- Liaise with projects leads and compiling projects updates on a monthly basis.
- Support in managing partners and donors, monitoring contract deliverables.
- Provide administrative support in projects activities such as during trainings and workshops, such as sending timely invitations and following up with invited participants, and participating during the workshop to offer administrative support and note taking.
- Coordinate project travel arrangements as and when required; compile documents for meetings; complete travel expense reports.
- Work closely and effectively with the Director, ensuring they are well informed and apprised of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Provide technical and administrative support for the Director’s effective contribution to Board functions and meetings, and support the Senior Management Team’s functions and meetings.
- Must have a minimum CPA II.
- Relevant bachelors degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in office administration, project management or communication.
- Project management training, with hands-on skills and experience in using project management software.
- Budget tracking skills.
- Proficient user of MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong energy, enthusiasm and confidence.
- Self-motivated and proactive and has ability to work to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Integrity, confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Advanced communication and writing skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking, and administration.
- Meticulous and effective at planning and monitoring work, and able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective team management skills, and collaboration across multiple functions and teams.
- The ability to understand and support the needs of diverse projects across an organization.
- Technological skills for digital databases management.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality, and be a person of high integrity and professional ethics.
Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability for the position, with the position title “KSA Office administrator” as the subject of the email, and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees, no later than 3rd February 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
KSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.