Each facility must designate:
- One or more anaesthesiologists to advice on the choice and maintenance of anaesthesia equipment.
- One or more of its staff to be responsible for the organization of cleaning, maintenance and servicing of anaesthesia equipment.
In addition to the nursing or other professional staff required by those carrying out the operative procedure, there must be:
- An assistant for the anaesthetist. The anesthesia professional should ensure that assistance is available as needed and that the assistant is competent at, or has been instructed in the necessary tasks namely;
>Assist the anaesthetist in the preparation of the operating room and patients for anaesthesia, and operative or diagnostic procedures.
>Assist the anaesthetist with intraoperative monitoring and care of patients.
>Assist with the transfer to PACU.
>To function as part of the multidisciplinary team in the operating department
- Adequate assistance for positioning the patient.
- Adequate technical assistance to ensure proper functioning and servicing of all equipment used.
All staff in clinical contact with patients must be appropriately trained in resuscitation skills.